HomeServicesAboutClientsFilmPhotoPressFriendsContactBlog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

with Jim James...

Recently I've been providing support for the always analog Jim James who's been working on some new recordings. Jim was looking for a vintage console last year and I was fortunate enough to connect him with the late Dan Fogelberg's Trident Series 80, the little baby brother of the Trident A Range that I take care of at New Monkey Studio. I med Jim in Paris several years ago while I went to see my friends Everest perform at Le Trabendo with My Morning Jacket. I've also been able the find Jim some vintage microphones and a few other toys as he's been piecing together his home studio. I always say that if you are going to make a record with a console and a tape machine you're going to have to have talent. Jim's got plenty of that. And he's also turning into a top notch Studer tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment